Your cart is currently empty!
Chappy Hour: The Super Moon Cocktail + This is the Moon’s Work
Diana Hayes’ This is the Moon’s Work (Mother Tongue Publishing) is a collection of both new and out of print works that will take you on an out-of-this-world journey, through our wild and natural world and into the far reaches of the human psyche. Our ALU resident mixologist Tan pairs a delightfully foamy cocktail with a poem from the collection called “Indigo Bite of Water” in this edition of Chappy Hour.
The CocktailWhat You Need:In a shaker with ice, add:
- 1 ounce tequila or agave
- 0.5 ounce triple sec or use a twist of orange
- 3 tablespoons of cream of coconut (such as Coco Lopez)
- Splash of fresh lime juice
- Add ice to shaker
- Add ingredients to shaker
- Shake to mix – you want lots of foam to appear, so shake vigorously!
- Strain into a martini glass
- Garnish with fresh coconut flakes.
The BookWith a cocktail in hand and the moon to keep you company, stay up a little later to to read this longer excerpt from Diana Hayes This is the Moon’s Work.* * * And for still more drinks & poetry, click here for more Chappy Hour.