Finally, a cookbook that captures the creative, innovative, and delicious cooking of Canada’s greatest chefs from coast to coast. And now you can cook right alongside these artists of the kitchen, using their signature recipes reproduced and illustrated here in lavish colour.
Cookbook writer and philanthropist Karen Dubrofsky crisscrossed the country to gather more than 90 great recipes for this book, including:
* Appetizers: Scallops with black mushroom trumpet crust by Francois Gagnon of CinCin in Vancouver and Oeuf poché by Jason Bangerter of Auberge du Pommier in Toronto.
* Soups: Spring asparagus and mushroom soup by Scott Pohorelic of River Café in Calgary and Hot and sour duck broth with duck meatballs by Chris Deraiche of Wellington Gastropub in Ottawa.
* Salads: Grilled calamari salad by Steven Leslie of Tavern on the Square, Montreal, and Salade nicoise à la Bacaloa by Mike Barksy of Bacaloa in St. John’s.
* Entrées: Fiorentina steak with mushroom duxelles, warm vinaigrette, and arugula and parmesan by Andrey Durbach of L’Altro Buca, Vancouver; Seared rare big eye tuna with green papaya salad by David Lee of Nota Bene in Toronto; and Miso-crusted sablefish by James Walt of Araxis in Whistler.
* Desserts: Goat’s cheesecake with crushed amaretti and caramel sauce by Jason Schubert and Paul Harding of The Only on King, London; Chocolate salame by Massimo Capra of Mistura, Toronto; and White chocolate and vanilla cream with oranges by Martin Juneau of La Montée in Montreal.
Cooking with Canada’s Best not only will reveal Canada’s amazing culinary resources to Canadians and the world, it will also help you display your own prowess in the kitchen to those lucky enough to dine at your table.
Proceeds from sales of this book will be contributed to the Kilee Patchell-Evans Autism Research Group, University of Western Ontario.