Go deep into the heart of Mystic Falls with this episode-by-episode look at the first season of The Vampire Diaries.
Premiering in the thick of the vampire craze, The Vampire Diaries has proven itself to be much more than yet another addition to the overpopulated, undead pop-culture racket. Its mix of romance, horror, drama, and humor has won it great ratings for The CW, international acclaim, and a growing and devoted fan base.
Love You to Death: The Unofficial Companion to The Vampire Diaries is the essential guide to the show, featuring:
- the story of L. J. Smith who first introduced Elena and the Salvatore brothers in her bestselling book series;
- background on Kevin Williamson (Dawson’s Creek, Scream) and Julie Plec (Kyle XY), the masterminds behind the adaptation from page to screen;
- biographies of the actors who bring Mystic Falls’ residents to life (. . . or afterlife);
- insightful explorations of each episode with information on the rich history, supernatural mythology, film references, character development, and much more; and
- exclusive interviews with TVDers, like the much-loved Malese Jow (Anna) and the fandom’s fearless leaders.
With photos of the irresistible cast and of the show’s filming locations, Love You to Death captures the fun, fangs, and fear that make The Vampire Diaries so epic.
Crissy Calhoun is the author of the Love You to Death series and Spotted: Your One and Only Unofficial Guide to Gossip Girl. She writes a weekly column for Vampire-Diaries.net, the premier fan site for the series with eight million unique visitors last year. Writing as Liv Spencer, she is also the co-author of books about Taylor Swift, Pretty Little Liars, and the Mortal Instruments series. Find her online at CrissyCalhoun.com. She lives in Toronto, Ontario.
Heather Vee is the co-owner of Vampire-Diaries.net, a source of Vampire Diaries news since 2009, and co-editor of A Visitor’s Guide to Mystic Falls: Your Favorite Authors on The Vampire Diaries (Smart Pop Books, 2010). She is also featured in the special features of The Vampire Diaries: The Complete First Season DVD/Blu Ray, has made several guest appearances on various radio shows and podcasts, and blogs sporadically at HeatherVee.com. She lives in Tucson, Arizona.
“The book's photos, exclusive interviews, and details about each episode make this an interesting, informative read for true fans. ” — THE Magazine
“Devotees of the show will also get a tingle out of Crissy Calhoun's Love You to Death: The Unofficial Companion to The Vampire Diaries. In this TV-side guide, the author lovingly delves into the details of a supernatural world that's both ‘heartfelt and human’ . . . Well written and thoroughly detailed, this book will satisfy and entertain dyed-in-the-wool viewers. ” — Library Journal
Tell us what you think!
Sign Up or Sign In to add your review or comment.
Related Blog Posts