“The ultimate resource for truly dedicated fans. ” — School Library Journal
The kids in McKinley High School’s glee club, New Directions, might not be the most popular, but for six years Glee was unquestionably a runaway hit. During its spectacular run from 2009–2015, Glee exploded as one of the most popular hours on TV, and earned an astounding 19 Emmy nominations in its first season. In addition to the show’s staggering success, Glee’s songs heated up the music charts, with 25 tracks on the 2009 hot 100 list, a hit-rate topped only by the Beatles when they had 31 hits in 1964.
Don’t Stop Believin’ pays tribute to the glorious mash-up of music, comedy, drama and social commentary that keeps Glee and its band of misfits in the spotlight, even after the final curtain fell on the show. Written by gleeks extraordinaire Erin Balser and Suzanne Gardner, the book is jam-packed with:
- an in-depth episode-by-episode exploration of the first season of the show, focusing on themes, storylines and main characters
- all the details on the hit songs in every episode, behind-the-scenes happenings and the show’s entertainment and cultural references
- exclusive interviews with Glee actors including Stephen Tobolowsky (Sandy Ryerson), Heather Morris (Brittany), and Ken Avenido (Howard Bamboo)
- personal stories from fellow gleeks about what the show means to them
- biographies of the principal players and guest stars
- the story of the making of Glee and how it was brought to life by creator Ryan Murphy
- fun and informative sidebars
- terrific on- and off-set photos of the cast
Capturing all the highs and lows of this ground-breaking series, Don’t Stop Believin’ is a show-stopping guide to Glee’s journey — the perfect companion for fans who need an encore of the show.
“Erin Balser and Suzanne Gardner’s Don’t Stop Believin’: The Unofficial Guide to Glee is the ultimate resource for truly dedicated fans. The authors’ unabashed enthusiasm and total immersion in the \"huge, complicated and fascinating world\" of Glee is apparent throughout this highly readable companion volume. . . . The authors present a treasure trove of facts and trivia, while keeping the tone accessible and chatty. Gleeks will want this volume by their side as they watch—or re-watch—episodes and delight in each and every detail of the show. ” — School Library Journal
“Don’t Stop Believin’ in my mind was pretty perfect when it comes to giving all the dish and facts on Glee. . . . If you are a fan of Glee, hands down this Glee guide is for you!” — Pop Culture Junkie
“Whether you're a super Gleek or you’ve only seen a few episodes of the show, Don’t Stop Believin’ is a book you’ll cherish for a very long time. . . . I truly cannot recommend this book enough and I give major props to Erin and Suzie for writing such an amazing companion guide. ” — Being @RACHELBERRYWMHS
“This book is full of new facts that even avid Glee fans will find interesting. ” — Calgary Herald