Indulge yourself with this sumptuous new collection of poems by Beatriz Hausner that author Tamara Faith Berger describes as "[...] Elegant, thirsty and visionary poems, echoing with song." The collection reaches back through the millennia to create an unexpected, unconventional, and contemporary exploration of one of humanity's oldest pleasures.
Our pairing was inspired by this line from our feature poem "II":
pleasure? answer: it lives with
the morning star in a crystal vessel"
Whether you choose to make our Morning Star mocktail or cocktail, be sure to serve it in a crystal glass for peak elegance!
The Cocktail + Mocktail
(plain text to follow)
The Morning Star Cocktail
- 1½ oz. pisco
- 1½ oz. fresh grapefruit juice
- ½ oz. thyme syrup
- ½ oz. fresh lime juice
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 dash of grapefruit bitters (optional)
- sprig of thyme for garnish
- Combine all ingredients (except the garnish) in a shaker
- Shake to fully dissolve the salt
- Strain over ice into a (crystal) glass
The Morning Star Mocktail
This refreshing pineapple juice-based non-alcoholic cocktail is definitely one for those with a sweet tooth.
- 1tsp lime juce
- 1tsp honey
- 10fl oz pineapple juice
- 3 pineapple chunks
- mineral water to top up (optional to taste)
- I small piece of vanilla stick and a pineapple wedge for garnish
- Blend all the ingredients, (except garnishes)
- Pour into a chilled (crystal) glass and add the vanilla stick and pineapple wedge
Took a shine to our Morning Star drink and ready for more? Read more from Beatriz Hausner's Beloved Revolutionary Sweetheart.
* * *
And for still more drinks & poetry, click here for more Chappy Hour.
comments powered by Disqus